I just read Megan's post on her blog and I love that she can go back and look at the goals that she set for 2009! So I am going to make goals and write them on here so I can do the same next year! Thanks for the idea Megan!!
1. Read my scriptures daily- I have been doing this fairly well lately, I love the Spirit that I can feel throughout the day because of it. I want to continue feeling that Spirit.
2. Have Family Home Evening- I want to have FHE weekly. In Elder Bednar's talk he talked about how important it was to have FHE even if it seemed extremely difficult to do. I love the example he gave about his boys accusing the others of breathing his air! Even Elder Bednar's family isn't perfect!
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=4aec56627ab94210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD
3. Treat my body like the temple it is- Our bodies are creations of our Heavenly Father. I have realized lately that I haven't treated it that way so much. I need to love my body and treat it like a creation of my Heavenly Father. I will try not to eat super late, because when I do, I feel sicky!
Dave's Goals for the new year are...to respect the Atonement by not talking about others' faults, misdeeds, or shortcomings; to read the Old and New Testaments; and to make at least one statement of gratitude about my life by the end of each day.
And our goal as a couple for the year is...
To continue our daily scripture study together!
I have faith that as long as we live our lives correctly, we will be able to make these goals.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
P.S. Does anyone know how I can make a word a link instead of me having to post freakishly long links on my blog? Like so that I could just have the phrase "Elder Bednar's Talk" be the link? Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
To make words the link instead of inserting the link, while you're in compose mode...there's an icon that says link...what you want to do is:
1-have the link you want open in a different tab or window
2-highlight it, right click, select Copy
3-go to the tab or window you are writing your blog post in
4-highlight the word(s) you want to make your link with
5-while those words are highlighted, hit the 'link' icon in your compose mode toolbar. a box will pop up with an area to paste the link you copied into. you can hit OK or test the link, etc.
Hope that makes sense!
P.S. I am making our blog private. I will send you an invite to read it if you like.
oh kenzie thanks for the shout out...LOVE the goals by the way!
hey kenzie, just wanted to let you know that your 'word' is amazing! I as well need to word on becoming more Christ-like...I look forward to reading future posts about your quest to becoming a more Christ-like person and/or marriage!!! what an example you are! thanks!
your blog is so cute :) you shoudl add me so we can keep in touch!!
Post a Comment